First of all I would like to thank you for visiting my blog. I decided to create this blog to help people who love to get the most out of their technology. I have owned 2 different Blackberries, an iPhone, and now I have finally dived into the world of Android with my new HTC Glacier (T-Mobile Mytouch 4g) I will try to update this blog as frequently as possible with Android tips, tricks, hacks, and anything else that I think you would like to see on here. Feel free to comment or ask me questions at any time! Now I will give you a brief summary of
Right away I rooted my phone with Visionary. (v14) It worked flawlessly. All I did was install the apk file (you have to enable USB debugging and allow unknown sources in the settings --> applications --> development menu). If you need a file manager to install, try Androzip from the market.
Right away I rooted my phone with Visionary. (v14) It worked flawlessly. All I did was install the apk file (you have to enable USB debugging and allow unknown sources in the settings --> applications --> development menu). If you need a file manager to install, try Androzip from the market.
After that, run Visionary and temproot, then permroot. Your device will reboot and you should see an app called "superuser" in your app drawer. This means you are rooted! Now for the fun stuff. Google around and see what you can do with your rooted phone! The first thing I did was install Cyanogenmod.
Cyanogenmod is basically a custom rom image that replaces the system software on your phone. I have had it for about a week now and love it. I installed CM7 RC2. I have had ZERO issues, and everything seems to be working great. Follow directions on the Cyanogenmod website for installation.
No comments:
Post a Comment